While August 19 is designated National Aviation Day each year, our focus is always aviation at Performance Software. Since our founding in 1998, we have built our expertise, products, and services to meet the evolving needs of the aviation industry. This experience allows us to be a trusted partner for our clients when they face demanding projects that stretch their internal resources and when there’s no room — or time — for errors.
National Aviation Day Honors the Past and Future of Flight
Franklin D. Roosevelt first proclaimed Saturday, August 19, National Aviation Day in 1939. He selected this date because it was also the birthday of Orville Wright, one-half of the aviation duo, the Wright brothers. Orville and Wilbur first flew their “heavier-than-air flying machine” in 1903, which they invented and built. It was an exciting time for aviation when Roosevelt made his presidential proclamation 36 years after the Wright brothers first took flight—N.A.C.A., the precursor to NASA, was completing innovative aviation research, airlines were forming, and militaries across the world were figuring out how airplanes could enhance warfare as World War II began.
Trusted Partner for Safety-Critical Solutions for Aviation
The aviation industry has been Performance Software’s focus since 1998. Our customers’ success drives our efforts. This dedication has led to many long-term collaborations and recognition as a preferred supplier with top-tier avionics suppliers and major aircraft original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) worldwide.
From full-lifecycle systems and software development and support for aviation and space programs to deploying cybersecure solutions for defense organizations, Performance Software knows aviation better than anyone. We have the experience and talent to provide solutions for aviation, future flight, and military applications.
Real Project Examples
Performance has conducted 500+ safety-critical projects. Here are a few examples of how we helped our clients:
- One of our customers risked missing an important milestone for the U.S. Army on a project that involved preparing the Flight Management System for the first flight integration with a U.S. military combat helicopter. Our reputation for high-quality results, fast pace, and significant FMS development and testing experience gave our customer confidence we could help them out of a jam. We successfully saved the customer more than $2 million and reduced their schedule by 44%.
- Similarly, our aviation expertise was a critical component in helping a top commercial aircraft OEM accelerate its flight control system deadline by a year. Not only did we save the client $200,000 by using custom efficiency tools and best practices, but we also saved them an additional $900,000 by recovering the schedule.
When faced with demanding technical, budget, and schedule goals, it’s reassuring to partner with the experience, products, and services of Performance Software.
Solutions to Increase Productivity, Reduce Costs, and Accelerate Deployment
Over the last couple of decades, Performance Software has developed products and services that cater to every aspect of the aircraft, including:
- Avionics/Systems and Software Development: From nose to tail, Performance has you covered. We specialize in embedded software and are the leading systems and software development firm serving aviation. Performance’s talented and experienced in-house engineers have reduced the costs and risks of some of the largest programs in aviation history.
- Data Loader: Performance DataLoader™ is a hardware independent application that can be integrated with your system for efficient, flexible, and reliable data load.
- Connected Aircraft, including our EDGE 5G-X™: A secure, portable communications device offering an open platform application (AI/ML) environment and designed for the most extreme environments. The can be customized to fit your needs to provide robust connectivity anywhere, sensor aggregation, and more.
- Precision Navigation & Mapping™: Our suite of airport, vertiport, navigation, and terrain data is developed with ultra precision that can be easily integrated with your aircraft systems for safe in-flight and on-ground navigation and mapping.
As the leading full-lifecycle systems and software development firm serving safety and mission-critical industries for the last 25 years, we have the breadth and depth of talent and experience required to solve today’s aviation challenges. Contact us today to partner on your project.