AS9100 Terms & Conditions
AS9100 is an aerospace standard based on the ISO 9001 quality system requirements. AS9100 takes the ISO 9001 requirements and supplements them with additional quality system requirements, which are established by the aerospace industry to satisfy DOD, NASA and FAA quality requirements.
As part of our AS9100 accreditation, we are required to flow down the following requirements to you, as our supplier.
We will provide requirements for:
- Process, products, and services to be provided including the identification of relevant technical data such as specifications, drawings, process requirements and work instructions.
- The approval of products and services, methods, processes and equipment and the release of products and services.
- Test, inspection, and verification (including production process verification)
- Design and development control
- The use of statistical techniques for product acceptance and related instructions for acceptance by our organization
We are required to encourage you to implement a quality management system. If a quality management system is not implemented, a supplier evaluation is required. You are required to notify us of changes to your quality management system or certification.
Please be advised your organization must use customer-designated or approved external providers, including process sources (e.g., special processes). All special process must be performed by qualified and competent persons.
You are required to notify us of any nonconforming processes, products, or services and obtain approval for their disposition.
Be advised, counterfeit parts will not be accepted and encourage you in participating in the prevention of counterfeit parts entering the supply chain.
You are required to notify us in a timely manner of changes to processes, product or services including changes of your external providers or location of manufacture and obtain approval.
Communication to Performance should be made to the Buyer of Record on the Purchase Order. If communication is handled in a non-written/electronic format, for example telcon, it should be provided in a written/electronic format as requested.
Supplier Performance Monitoring:
Performance of suppliers is monitored using specific metrics data that includes but is not limited to:
- Quality performance of parts and services and On-time delivery performance.
- If Performance’s monthly supplier evaluation identifies a supplier with an on-time delivery rate less than eighty percent (80%), a corrective action request can be issued for supplier response.
- If Performance’s monthly supplier evaluation identifies a supplier with quality rejections exceeding five percent (5%) of their work orders, a corrective action request can be issued for supplier response.
- If delivery cannot be met, the appropriate Performance Buyer of Record must be notified in advance.
You are required to flow down requirements from our Purchase Order or Contract and any additional customer requirements to your suppliers and sub-tier external providers. Should our customer flow down ITAR or DFAR requirements to us, we will flow these requirements to you via our purchase orders.
Special requirements, critical items or Key characteristics in particular must be flowed to your suppliers. Documentation showing this must be retained for ten (10) years. You are encouraged to apply appropriate controls to your direct and sub-tier external providers to ensure requirements are met.
You may need to provide test specimens for design approval, Inspection/verification, Investigation, or auditing as determined by our Company, our Customer, or Regulatory Body. Our requirements for testing, inspection, and verification (including production process verification) will be provided to you.
Please be advised your organization is required to retain the following records for ten (10) years:
- Calibration Records
- Inspection Documentation including but not limited to:
- Receiving Inspection
- First Article Records
- In-Process Inspection Records
- Final Inspection Records
- Certifications for purchased material as requested by our purchasing documents:
- Certificate of Conformity (COC)
- Certificates of Analysis (COA)
- Retain quality management system documentation
- Test Reports
- Statistical Records
- Process Control Records
- Identification and Traceability Records
- Environmental Compliance documentation (i.e. REACH / RoHS, Conflict Minerals, Low Halogen, End of Life Vehicle)
- Inspection and audit records of product at your premises by our organization, our customer, regulatory authority.
Disposition of Records: notify our organization ninety (90) days prior to the destroying of records (paper or electronic) at the end of their retention period.
The following documents are required, as part of order fulfillment, as applicable:
- COC or COA including part number, revision, quantity, and purchase order number.
- Country of Origin/Certificate of Origin
- Data Sheets (if requested)
- Safety Data Sheets (if requested)
- Outside process documentation (if applicable)
Please provide Foreign Object Detection training to your employees.
Right of access by our company, our customer, and regulatory authorities to applicable areas of facilities and to applicable documented information, at any level of the supply chain, to be granted on request. Should our customer visit your premises, please be advised this will not be accepted or constituted as approval of product. Our organization and/or our customer may subsequently reject product seen at the time of the audit. You are responsible for providing acceptable product.
Please ensure that your employees are required to be aware of:
- Their contribution to product or service conformity
- Their contribution to product safety
- The importance of ethical behavior
These requirements, while seemingly detailed, will allow for the continued growth of your company’s services with us. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in removal from Performance’s Approved Supplier Database.
Thank you in advance for assisting in the continuation of our ability to improve our customer relationships and maintain meeting the requirements of AS9100 compliance.