Software Program Management for Aerospace and Defense Programs
We believe that every project requires dedicated project management, and that’s why at Performance Software we assign Program Managers (PM) to every aerospace and defense project even if our client has its own project management team.
It is the priority of the Performance Software Program Manager assigned to your organization to ensure all projects are completed on schedule, on budget and to your highest satisfaction. To support the project team, your assigned Program Manager is responsible for:
- Project estimating and quoting
- Project planning and setting project milestones
- Facilitating solutions for roadblocks and obstacles
The Performance Software Program Manager is the liaison between Performance Software and your team. Consider your Program Manager the CEO of your program who has overall responsibility to make sure all systems and the team have what they need to make your program a success.
Your Program Manager is involved from the beginning to the end and at every phase in between of each project to ensure that your deliverables and expectations are met. An essential responsibility of a Performance Software Program Manager is to communicate status. A weekly (at minimum) communication includes:
- Status updates
- Project progress (total % complete/EV)
- Progress on Performance Software/customer action items
- Project roadblocks/issues/concerns with the customer
- Progress on customer milestones
- Discuss any changes to staffing plans or scope of work
- The Program Manager will identify out-of-scope items and ensure they are not worked until they have been quoted and approved
In addition, your assigned Program Manager will create and provide a Weekly Status Report for every project that includes:
- Project progress/accomplishments
- Goals for the upcoming week
- Action items
- Other info pertinent to the client or project team
Performance Software Program Managers are the key contacts for our clients during the lifecycle of projects. They will work with each client to deliver a customer experience that exceeds expectations.